Our Player


Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dancin' Muchine

So there is one thing that we love to try and get Marin to do because we think that it is so funny. From day #1 she has always seemed to be very picky about music. When we would play something she would either get really happy or really angry (we think that this depended on whether or not she liked that particular style of music. In the beginning she seemed to like the more classical style. Nothing too pop. And by classical, I mean classical composers. She also seemed to be choosy about who was singing it. She hated church hymns. They would make her so angry. Well now a-days, she is not so finicky. It does not even have to have a beat and she will instantly get a big grin and start to shake what her mamma gave her. She even likes it when I (Daniel) sing to her. If you have ever heard me sing you know that it’s bad. (Heather, do you remember that time after church when you waited with me when I was going to meet with the bishop for my mission interview. I’m still scarred by the look on your face when you heard me try and match a note. I still remember, “Maybe your tone deaf? Hi Ya’ll!”) Anyway, Marin loves any kind of music now. It does not matter how distant the source may be from her if she hears a tune, she will stop everything and listen. Then she will do her dance. This is what we find absolutely hilarious. Some of our ward friends once spotted her standing on the church pew dancing to the prelude music in a cute little dress and are still laughing about it two weeks later. We keep trying to catch her on video, but she gets really distracted by the camera. Here is a cute example of her being stubborn.






This is all the dance that we’ve got so far.


6 comments:

Chris said...

Avery walked up behind me while I was watching this and said "there's my baby Rin" I said "Marin" she said "no! Baby Rin" I conceeded with a "Uh huh"

MOM said...

what a sweet thng! I can't believe she will be a year old next month.... time sure flies! Oh, and by the way, Daniel you are not "tone deaf" you have a very lovely voice - I've heard it - I know!!

Kiss Marin & Katie for me......Love, MOM

Chris said...

lol. Yeah Daniel...kiss kiss kiss from Mommy! No tone deafness with my baby Daniel. a lovely voice? She's just become immune. We all have horrible voices it was Gods way of making it even for everyone else in the world. We choose beauty and DAMN do we wear it well!!

Heather Alvarez said...

That's terrible... I really said that? Sorry about that! I can't even remember but I'm sure it's a LOVELY voice! btw, your little one looks just like you!

Q'ner said...

EXCUSE ME!!! Speak for yourself... I have a DAMN FINE FACE AS WELL AS A DAMN FINE BODY AND A DAMN FINE VOICE!!!! HAHAHAHA.... I think I may wet myself laughing.... oh that was a good one... Chrissy.. don't hate now.... You are just jealous cause I get to live here in ALL the fun... If ya know what I mean!!!! IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!

Q'ner said...

oh and btw.... daniel... I love the videos... they are my favorite... She is getting so big. I can't believe how much she has grown. I hate being so far way. Guess that's just apart of life. Sucks though.