Our Player


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What is This Thing Called Death?

What is this thing that men call death?
This quiet passing in the night?
‘Tis not the end but genesis
Of better worlds and greater light

O God, touch Thou my aching heart
And calm my troubled, haunting fears
Let hope and faith, transcendent, pure
Give strength and peace beyond my tears.

There is no death, but only change
With recompense for vict’ry won
The gift of Him who loved all men
The Son of God, the Holy One.

~President Gordon B. Hinckley

4 comments:

Taste of Champaign said...

Wow, I so loved reading that just now. Thank you for posting it.

I don't have your number, call me again if you get a chance...

Megan said...

That was just what I needed to read right now. I can't stop thinking about Chris and her family. I wish that I could be there to help support her during this time. Please give her a hug from me if you remember.

erinmalia said...

i'm trying to find something to say that isn't "i'm so sorry" but really, that's exactly how i feel. i wish i could do something for you guys or, especially, chris, but have no idea where to even begin. if you can think of anything, let me know.

Nancy said...

Daniel, I'm glad you posted this so I would have somewhere to express my deepest sympathy to Chris, her children, and extended family. There is no one that has a bigger heart than Chris and I hope she feels the love of all of those around her at this time. Thanks, Nancy Dellastatious Church