Our Player


Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tribute

I just completely ripped this poem off of my good friends blog. I don't think that she will mind since she ripped it off of some email that she got. We have no idea who the writer Anna is but the poem is lovely.



Prophetic Passing
I imagine he's running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service
That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, 'Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance,
I welcome My noble, most excellent son.'

I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception's just fine,
But he hopes that he'll get an assignment or two
Since there's no need to waste any time.

I can hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward - there's work to be done.
President Hinckley would want it that way.

Anna M. Molgard January 27, 2008


I would have ended it by saying:
I can hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward - there's work to be done.
Please drive safe as you leave on your way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no question mark in the poem, it should read, Have faith and move forward - there's work to be done. The title is Prophetic Passing. Thank you - Anna Molgard.

erinmalia said...

i really like the addition. had no idea you were a poet!

Q'ner said...

What a great addition to a great prophet..

Heather Alvarez said...

ok, so odd... I ripped the poem from an email and you from my site and yet Anna seemed to leave a comment on yours too! She left me the same comment! For the record, I just cut and pasted! I didn't add the ? mark. she must have been looking at all of the blogs from my site to see if anyone would post it. By the way, I like your ending!