Our Player


Saturday, June 2, 2007

Starting New


So for the last two+ years we have been living in Utah. The truth of the matter is that I am really sad to leave some great friends, but Katie and I both feel like our move to Durham has been one of the best decisions that we have yet made. Our ward is absolutely amazing. We've been there for almost two months now and we still have new people coming up and introducing themselves to us. Katie has been making some new friends by joining a group of girls in the Ward for morning walks twice a week. Last night we went to a small neighborhood BBQ. We met four other couples from the block and had a really fun time. We were the only ones with a child, but that was nothing more than coincidence. Everyone was so nice. We dig our neighbors. The coolest part was that all the ladies at the BBQ are professionals and working in full-time careers. They were all seemingly impressed with Katie for her desire to stay home with Marin. In a lot of ways they were way more supportive than just about any other group of people that we've encountered. It's really cool to be able to enjoy what you are doing and where you are doing it. Not to mention that the beaches are so close. Visitors are always welcome.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet blog guys! We are so excited to see you guys in 2 weeks! We love and miss you!...The Fam

Camie said...

I'm so excited you guys have a blog...I read a quote the other day that said..."I love my computer, it's where all my friends live."

Rachel said...

I love your house! Congrats! We are so glad that you guys love it out there, but we miss you. We will have to come and visit!
Love the blog!

Brooke said...

Yes. NC. Daniel...what are you doing there?

erinmalia said...

ooh, so pumped you did this! just one more thing to try to keep me busy during the day!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see you guys -All the BEST!
Love,
Rose

Gretchen said...

Yeah! I (heart) the Kuhns! I'm so glad you guys are in the blogosphere now. It's so much easier to keep up with everyone this way! I really miss you guys!

erinmalia said...

HA! so she didn't want that posted, whatever it was. that's funny. hope the rice worked.